Every day, Imagine Communications is delivering billions of media moments all over the world — anywhere, anytime and on any device.
Imagine Communications delivers innovative, end-to-end media software and networking solutions to over 3,000 customers in more than 185 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports and live-event venues. Today, we’re driving an industry transformation by investing deeply in a new generation of media enabled by IP, virtualization, cloud infrastructure and software-defined networks.
At Imagine Communications, groundbreaking work is part of our everyday environment. All our employees play a vital role in our organization, helping the media industry enable instant access to moments that matter. Wherever your skills fit in our business — from engineering and sales to service and support — you’ll find you gain much more than just a job. At Imagine Communications, you’ll gain the opportunity to contribute to the transformation that’s taking place in the way the world is consuming media.
If you’re looking to join a market leader and take your career to the next level, contact us today!
As a member of the software development team, you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions to complex problems. You will work with other senior developers and technical leads to design and develop robust and scalable software components and applications for high-volume and performance critical workflows. You will be an accomplished developer, with applied knowledge of object-oriented design with appropriate use of best practices, design patterns, and frameworks and an appreciation of the implication of software designs and implementation choices on application performance and maintainability. Your efforts will shape the future of world-class software that keeps major broadcasters on-air every day.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Responsible for technical designs of new components and features
• Collaborate on projects with the architecture team
• Develop applications and core software components to be reused across multiple products, including services for:
o Video and audio manipulation and compositing
o Effect scheduling and triggering
o Media encoding/decoding
• Develop unit tests
• Conduct research on emerging technologies, and implement prototypes and proof of concept projects
• Perform regular code reviews
• Work closely with other development team members in a dynamic, fast-paced, and inviting environment
• Work with QA & technical support teams to resolve issues identified by internal testing & customers in the field
• Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code.